|Location||Canary Wharf, London||Issue Date||18/05/2017|
|Reports to||Director of Operations||Salary||Competitive|
Following our recent acquisition by a cyber security focused investment firm, there has never been a more exciting time to join us here at ITC Secure Networking! With this investment, our vision is to build a leading pure-play ITC Security Service Provider in EMEA, with an MSS offering at its core.
We are looking for talented individuals to join us on this journey and work with us to achieve our goals. If you are interested in joining a rapidly growing, dynamic, stimulating and fun company then look no further!
ITC delivers managed Security and Network Services to customers as NetSure360˚ Managed Services via ITIL-aligned, ISO20000-1 certified processes. ITC’s flagship service is NetSure360˚ Managed Security Information and Event Management, which is part of a portfolio of managed services that include Managed Vulnerability Information Services, Managed Firewall and IPS Services, Managed LAN and WAN, and Managed Monitoring Services.
ITC Service Operations is made up of Service Management (a team of Service Managers led by the Service Management Team Leader, responsible for the relationship between ITC and our Customers) and Service Delivery (comprising a team of Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 Network and Information Security Engineers supporting and operating ITC’s managed services). Network Operations and Security Operations are merged at L1 but specialised at L2, L3 and L4.
The Network Operations Centre Manager provides leadership and management for the Service Delivery Team (NOC Operators, Level 1 – Level 4 Engineers) and reports to the Director of Operations. The role is an intensely operational one, requiring the incumbent to be conversant with the technologies we support and NOC policies and procedures. The NOC Manager also provides input into the evolution of the Service Delivery model, driving the adoption of the ISO20000-1 Service Management standard through the NOC.
The NOC Team perform 24×7 monitoring of network, performance and security systems under the banner of ITC’s NetSure360° brand:
- Actively monitors ITC and Customer Infrastructures and Security Events.
- Proactively perform scheduled changes under applicable governance, ensuring ITC and Customer Infrastructures are always up to date and running at optimum efficiency.
- Reactively resolves security and network incidents that occur and ensure these are responded to promptly, professionally and within agreed SLAs.
- Complete regular operational activities to maintain environments.
Core to this role is driving:
- Process adherence across the team
- Strict adherence to SLAs (initial response, updates, service restoration, etc.)
- Training, coaching, mentoring and knowledge capture & exploitation to attain and maintain high levels of technical competency and capability in the NOC team.
- Continual improvement, including increasing the proportion of incidents that are resolved at Level 1 (fixed on first contact), driving down time-per-incident and touches-per-incident, automation.
Director of Operations, NOC Team Leaders (direct reports), Infrastructure Manager and Service Management Team Leader.
- Ensure excellence in the delivery of ITC’s NetSure360˚ Managed Services.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Enhance ITC’s operational capabilities within the team.
- Ensure that all Service activities and associated actions are undertaken within defined SLAs.
- Maintain and run regular and ad hoc reporting for performance, utilisation, ticket status and KPIs.
- Ensure adherence to ITC’s ITIL-aligned, ISO20000-1 certified processes.
- Ensure pro-active management of Incident, Change and Problem ticket queues.
- Represent NOC in Service Transition processes to ensure smooth hand-over to service of new customer projects.
- Build scalability into the NOC through automation of repetitive tasks and elimination of unnecessary work-cycles.
- Day-to-day support of direct reports including regular 1:1 meetings, performance reviews: half and full-year, monthly performance feedback and quarterly bonus recommendations, escalating to Director of Operations where necessary.
- Manage and maintain development plans and training for NOC Analysts.
- Support the NOC Team Leads to prioritise and direct activities, ensuring the effective and efficient operation of the NOC.
- Drive behaviours and practices around structured trouble-shooting methodologies with the clear imperative to restore service first.
- Drive technical and professional development in NOC.
- Escalation point for internal and external Customers for all NOC matters.
- Manage the NOC 24×7 rota and out-of-hours escalation rota. Handle shortfalls from the available resource pool.
- Develop positive relationships across ITC to ensure communication is open and transparent, facilitating early identification of issues and risks and agile exploitation of business opportunities.
- Maintain understanding of ITC and Customer policies and procedures relevant to the Service Delivery activities we undertake.
- Understand deliverables to internal and external customers.
- Implement processes to measure, manage, standardize and improve the key activities in the NOC.
Key Skills, Qualifications & Education:
- Proven capability leading and managing 24×7 NOC environments with 20+ analysts.
- University level education in Computing / Info Security or equivalent experience.
- Articulate, with excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Strong general office technology skills, particularly with standard office tools (Office365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience working with Incident, Problem, Change and Service Request ticketing systems.
- ITIL Intermediate or Expert certification, or equivalent experience.
- Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills.
- Coaching and mentoring experience.
- Process driven, operationally focused.
- Motivated by ensuring excellence in Service Delivery.
- Desire to deliver Continuous Improvement across all NOC activities.
- Professional and positive, with good customer-facing practices.
- Analytical and diligent, with attention to detail.
- Resilient: ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities.
- Effective collaborator and communicator at all levels.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient – enthusiastic team player, able to work on own initiative.
- Assertive, adaptable, collaborative and creative.
- “Can-do” attitude, willing to go the extra mile.
- Aware of and in touch with the day-to-day challenges of the NSOC team.
- Consistently follows-up and follows-through on delegated tasks and actions.
- Appropriately stays on top of communication channels (IM, email, etc.).
- Improvement in customer satisfaction with NetSure360˚ Managed Services.
- Delivery of strategic goals in the NOC.
- Regular meetings with all direct reports: minimum monthly for all reporting staff.
- Timely and complete status reporting, including RCAs, the recording of issues and risks, resource utilisation and quality measures.
- Accountable for the accurate and complete recording of time spent by all team members.
- Consistently prompt attendance at all meetings.
- Up to date on all Corporate Communications.
- Create and follow own personal development plan.
- Ensure all reports have Personal Objectives and Development Plans that are maintained and driven forward, reviewed quarterly.
- Support creation and improvement of process, procedures and tooling.
Travel: Minimal UK travel occasionally required to visit Customers
Working hours: Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5.30 pm Monday – Thursday, 9.00am – 5.00pm Friday; occasional staff and customer meetings outside of these hours. Occasional weekend work will be required in support of customer major incidents, DR, BCP and power-down testing etc.
If you like what you hear so far, then please get in touch by contacting [email protected]. You should include outline details of your experience and what kind of role you are looking for. If you have a LinkedIn profile or a copy of your CV online, please include a link to this in your message.